[kj] OT: now iPods

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 27 14:10:45 EST 2006

fatpotanga wrote:

> Agreed, iTunes is by far the best jukebox/ripper/encoder I’ve ever used.

> Only downside is music bought from iTunes can only be played on Apple

> products.

Anyone can buy music from iTunes, Windows or Mac users, and the music
purchased can play on any mp3 player product. The mp3 player doesn't
have to be made by Apple.

My uncle buys music from iTunes and burns it all to CD. Once it's on CD
you could also re-rip the CD onto your PC as individual mp3 files (as
fatpotanga mentions below), and then put that on your mp3 player. But
music bought through the iTunes store should play on any mp3 player.

iPods are, however, the only mp3 player I know of where, once you hook
it up to your computer, it uatomatically meshes with iTunes and can be
set to automatically update from what you have in it. But you don't have
to let it do that. Plenty of people have mp3 players other than iPods
but still buy music from iTunes.

-Oliver