[kj] News about Jaz - his recent work - Kurvas

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 13 11:32:40 EST 2006

I must say I was thinking the same thing. 'Another Bloody Election' and all that. Good for him, though, obviously, but I fully expect him to make the most of the opportunity and write a concerto themed around the bribery and corruption of the EU and the one long free lunch that is the life of a Euro-politician...

"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote: I was hesitant to bring it up, but, well, Jaz will sort of be an
official state musician, right? So all the political music of KJ's 2003
LP, the anti-war stuff, the stuff about Western imperialism -- how do
those sentiments gel with playing violin concertos for groups of EU
politicians as they sip their wine and eat their cheese, etc.?

:)

-Oliver