[kj] OT: Specials

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 02:50:23 EST 2006

Defo' will if I can.
  Also, here in Los Angeles, The [English] Beat will be playing soon, with both Dave and Rankin' i hear.  Saw them about 5 years back or so, and they rocked great.

  And is it the Specials (in trunkated form?) who sang "The Lunatics Have Taken Over the Asylum"?
  It's an alltime fave of mine.

  And a yes! to each of those songs you mentioned below. Great set. It's hard to go wrong with Ska.

Jpwhkj at aol.com wrote:
  I went to see "Neville Staples' Specials" last night in Slough (yes, Slough FFS). He and the band played an absolute blinder, including:

Pressure Drop (yes!)
Concrete Jungle (yes!)
Do Nothing (yes!)
Rat Race (yes!)
Too Much Too Young (you get the picture...)
Gangsters
Ghost Town (great rap at the end about Coventry)
Message To You
Do The Dog
Enjoy Yourself
and lots else.

In stark contrast to the many ageing punk bands who have decided that it's clever and interesting to play wanky 10-minute versions of their original 3-minute scorchers, all the old ska bands I've seen recently have played short sharp fast dance numbers, that have the crowd dancing and grinning like idiots.

If you get a chance to see them, grab it while you can.

Ruuuuuuuude Boy!

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso