[kj] New (old) KJ releases

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 16:50:04 EDT 2006

Weren't both NWOBFG and UP on New Millenium?

Mike Scott of The Waterboys had this to say about them (from their official
website):

"...As an aside, I'd like to clarify about the Live Adventures Of The
Waterboys album. This came out on New Millenium Records, who approached me
about doing an album collecting together old Waterboys radio sessions. I
suggested the concert recordings and selected the tracks, then New Millenium
did the legwork getting permission from radio stations, the BBC etc. The
resulting album came out in 1998 and very splendid it is too. All well and
good, but when NM stopped paying royalties to the band several years ago,
but kept selling copies of the album, it became effectively a bootleg, which
is why you won't see it advertised in our concert programmes, or listed in
the discography that appears on our new albums."

Perhaps they stopped paying KJ royalties, and kj just decided to put them
out themselves?

Can't imagine UP has been further remastered, but I will be tempted to get a
proper dvd of NWOBFG, if only to improve on the quality of the strange video
cd (but not vcd) it originally came out on.

Believe em' when I see em' of course.

T.