[kj] OT: iPod

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Wed May 24 09:42:17 EDT 2006

<<<< Is it just for music? >>>>

 <<<< what they DON'T tell you is how difficult it is to set-up the
video function. I haven't bothered, because honestly speaking -- who
needs to watch videos on a screen the size of a post-it note?>>>>

Exactly, who wants to watch a TV show, or even a film, on something so
small?  So, yes, I just want it for music - I don't think I'd have room
for videos.  But having said that, I might put a couple of my favourite
music vids on just to see what it's like (and to show off.  Ahem.)

<<<< A case is essential in order not to scratch the screen. >>>>

I've seen that Invisible Shield stuff which looks good, but I'd like a
proper case as well.  But there are so many!  Spolit for choice.

<<<< Most important thing is a good set of headphones >>>>

Oh yes.  I already have my Sony in-ear buds which have a belting sound.
Even if they are held together with electrical tape...

<<<< I pods are really good, especially if you get a decent Pod Station
eg Bose. The sound is amazing. >>>>

I read a review of those Pod Stations in last month's What Hi-Fi.
Drool.

One more thing - my current mp3 player works with a remote - it's dead
easy to change volume and skip tracks without even looking at it.  Is
the clickwheel thing easy to use?

Cheers,

Janean