[kj] OT: The Beat

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon May 22 14:53:58 EDT 2006

I went to see The Beat on Friday night.  There's only Rankin Roger (plus maybe the keyboard player?) left from the original line-up, but they were an absolute storm. (Also on vocals was Roger's son - who was excellent.)

"Did they play all the classics?" someone asked me the next day - well, not quite, because there are so many to choose from, but they managed most of my faves. And they played at least one new track, which was (surprisingly!) pretty good.

So if you get the chance - go!

Rudeboy Jamie