[kj] (OT) Ministry Tonight

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sun May 21 11:28:28 EDT 2006

Revolting Cocks turned into a parudy of itself which was a parody of a
parody.

Originally it was a supergroup that started during a Ministry lull (fighting
with a record label or something)

Then it became the post-ministry wrap up tour.  A way for the Ministry
touring band to cut loose after the grueling tour (somehow they couldn't do
that on tour).  This was around Land of Rape and Honey (my fav) and Mind is
a Terrible.

Sometime after Filthpig (I think...I lost inerest by this point) it turned
into another band, independent of Ministry (maybe because Ministry was in
another lull)

This is a perfect example of Al losing focus.  I am not going to question
the talents or quality of work.    But what I will say is that he seems to
come off half loaded.  I give everything a listen and it seems like there is
no focal point.  He is making music because he is a shark and he has to keep
swimming to live.  I think he could still do some great music but he needs
to take care of his A D D or something.

I will say that his back up band sounds the most appealing since the Mind
tour

And as far as Raven's beanies.  It seems like Raven either needs to be a NYC
hardcore metal type (which he isn't...no offense), 16 years old or balding.
And he has none of that .  Which is good.  I wear beanies all the time
during hte winter but never on stage, at a concert or in the summer

Chris