[kj] America

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 19 11:29:49 EDT 2006

Jpwhkj at aol.com wrote:

It may well be consistent, but it's also lame in the extreme. Still, I bet it works for the 15-year-olds in the audience. "These guys are really cool."

*lol* Actually, I bet it would gross out any 15-year-olds in the
audience ("Yuck, that old fogie is talking about...")

Honestly, I'm more bothered by the following "Enemy smash me down, still
come back for more," etc. When his lyrics can apply to mankind and human
condition, I'm still dialed in. But when he starts talking about being
repressed himself, kicking someone's ass, eating liver and heart...well,
then I look at his rotund figure and first-class, cigar-smoking
lifestyle and he loses me. Yeah, go beat 'em up, man.

As for cringing at his cursing, it generally is unconvincing to me, too
-- but usually as a modifier (it's a f*cking this, a f*cking that). As a
verb, well, it didn't even occur to me as cursing. I guess he could say
"Fight by day, nookie by night." Or did Korn Bizkit already do that?