[kj] America/Hosannas is great

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Thu May 18 10:11:38 EDT 2006

Yep, I think it's a magnificent track (then again I'm a big fan of Jaz
Coleman's "Idavoll" which is not a million miles away from it) and I'd
prefer to hear it live these days rather than Communion (even with the
strings on a backing tape) ... I loved Communion as an opener through
1994/1995 (even through sometimes Gary the keyboard player seemed to be
making a right mess of the keyboard parts) and with the magical intro
(though not enough of that exists on the album) but after the later
Pandemonium shows when Dugmore added some really quite effective drum-rolls
to it, the song sounds a bit stale now ...at the end of the day Neil,
Invocation seems to be a bit like Marmite ... you either love it or you hate
it ... did anyone clarify why they really detest it ? just curious ...