[kj] Hosannas vs OTG (was America)

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 22:30:30 EDT 2006

Holy crap! Speaking as someone who quite enjoyed OTG when it first came out (blame my background of listening to a lot of prog) and had to work hard to get into such KJ releases as WTF! and Fire Dances, there is no question in my mind that Hosannas is vastly superior to OTG. I don't care if the Hosannas sound is shitty, or if the songs go on too long, or if they resulted from jams and not from 'proper' songwriting (whatever that may be - jams are a legit means of creating songs in my book) - the fact remains that Hosannas has the KJ spirit and OTG doesn't. Besides - Geordie is all over Hosannas and he's sounding excellent. The same cannot be said for OTG and that alone makes the comparison laughable.

  Geoff

wscheip1 at aol.com wrote:
        I can't imagine OTG as better than Hosannas. If nothing else Hosannas is another commitment to the energy and vitality of Killing Joke.