[kj] openers

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Wed May 17 05:59:53 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of fatpotanga
Sent: 17 May 2006 10:05
To: The Gathering
Subject: Re: [kj] openers

[applause]
Couldn't agree more.

The Hum another great opener.

What would be nice with the set list was even if they didn't vary it was
at
least vary the order from time to time.

I love Communion, but I am bored of it as an opener.
Let's move it to 1st encore.

Also really like the idea of the ' more groove less rock' although my
knees
are simpering at the thought :)

Jamie v2.1

On 17/5/06 09:55, "Jpwhkj at aol.com" wrote:

> Unspeakable would also be a great opener - and they've at least played
it
> recently!
>
> I can imagine many different "great openers" though (some of which
have
> actually happened).
>
> Money Is Not Our God (opener at Finsbury Park '91) - the excitement
generated
> by that thudding bass was tremendous.
>
> The Gathering - the opening track of the album (plus it's our theme
song)...
> the crashing drums would herald a great concert.
>
> Twilight of the Mortal - the regular opener for the '86 tour. They
just
> ploughed straight in, and it was positively majestic.
>
> Jaz usually goes for the rock-cliche of vocalist-arriving-last, so
some of the
> early stuff would be good for that - dub versions of Nervous System,
Turn To

--

Cats are dreaming secret dreams of possessing hands & stroking
themselves to