[kj] ON TOPIC - Killing Joke show on Astra

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Mon May 15 15:59:58 EDT 2006

The gig venue is close to the banks of the Rhine and the general area has
huge number of US Air Force and Army bases ... Jaz and Big Paul made a few
references
to the fact that (West) Germany was (and still is to a lesser extent) an
occupied country ... of course the DDR was equally stuffed full of Soviet
bases with many squadrons of MiG's, Sukhoi's, Antonov's and Mil's (most of
which had left by 1992/1993) ... mind you, in the 1980's with US operating
RAF bases at Fairford, Greenham Common, Upper Heyford, Mildenhall,
Alconbury, Bentwaters, Woodbridge and  Sculthorpe to name a few, so were we
...  not that I minded too much !!!