[kj] BTATS continued and message to Alex in NY

Matt Dunn mattdunn at ntlworld.com
Sat May 13 16:33:41 EDT 2006

I've always found that the acid test is to play it to the non-biased (ie we
are too close to it to be able to judge it fairly). And it always comes back
as being bobbins. And commercial.

I went to a date on this tour and it did sound much better than on vinyl or
cassette (cd wasn't around at the time). But I distinctly remember them
playing Sanity and thinking 'well, that was shite. I really hope it's not
the next single'. And it was.

I heard at the time that the band were very disappointed with Sanity's chart
performance as they expected it to break them through to the big time.
Which, in my opinion, is a commercial approach.

Alex in NY: we've disagreed before, particularly about Me Or You? (as in you
like it, I think it's the worst single other than America), but I do agree
with you about Invocation being an ideal set opener and a replacement for
the overplayed and rather dull Communion. However, they would need an
orchestra and a percussionist. Still we can but hope.

Thank you for your interview transcript and the earlier BPF one - very much
appreciated.

Let's have more of this sort of stuff on the list eh? Anyone?