[kj] ot: LATER WITH JOOLS

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri May 12 03:32:54 EDT 2006

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 27, PROGRAMME 2 NEXT SHOW
is this FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/* <http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/>

Hello Music Lovers,

So who do I have on the show this week?

I love his new album "Keys To The World", when I listen to it I get the same
feeling as when I listen to Tamla Motown records. Wigan's finest RICHARD
ASHCROFT makes a triumphant return to Later to play tracks from his new
album. I'll be chatting to Richard as well and finding out why Chris Martin
thinks he's the best singer in the world.

He's a 70's rock 'n' roll legend, his band Creedence Clearwater Revival sold
shed loads of records (at one point they were second only behind the Beatles
in terms of worldwide record sales). His name is JOHN FOGERTY and he'll be
playing some of his classic tunes that you won't fail to recognise, "Born on
the Bayou", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Rockin' All Over The World" (yes, it's
his song not Status Quo's!)

They met at college in California but now are based in NYC! Making their
Later debut are WE ARE SCIENTISTS. They'll be playing tracks "Nobody Move,
Nobody Get Hurt" and "The Great Escape" from their debut album "With Love &
Squalor".

Who else do I have to tickle your musical taste buds?

He's a phenomenon, described by some as the "rapping Rabbi" he follows
Orthodox Judaism and blends reggae and hip hop beats with his thought
provoking lyrics. His name is MATISYAHU and he's bringing his unique music
to the UK.

Schooled in the art of heavy metal guitar, Mexican-born guitarists RODRIGO Y
GABRIELA, now live in Dublin and merge traditional acoustic guitar with
contemporary rock and metal classics. They are extremely talented and you
can't fail not to like them.

Avant-garde singer, CAMILLE, also fronts Parisian band Nouvelle Vague and
has been described by as the "Gallic Bjork". She even received a fan letter
from the French President Jacques Chirac. Camille will be performing a
number from her latest voice exploration album, "Le fil".

Next week I'll welcome the return of FRANZ FERDINAND, DR. JOHN, SNOW PATROL
and look forward to GNARLS BARKLEY & JAMES MORRISON making their Later
debuts.

TUNE IN – BBC 2 Friday 12th May at 11.35pm.

Love Jools x

--
Pat Davies
www.amag.org.uk