[kj] Manchester University

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 01:28:26 EDT 2006

Tho' i like Hosannas a lot, i second that "the songs
wear themselves out by their length and the endings dont go anywhere.
they just end".
     It's almost like hearing Jaz talk/ramble nowadays. I think this also noticeably hurt the "Pandemonium" cd, not to mention what it does for 1st-time listeners and  sales when the songs are that long).

  Seems like the band has been reduced to being a Jaz-vehicle and it's beginning to show. I mean, 8, 9 minutes for a song?!

  I also second the setlists comment. If it doesn't improve, it will just seem tired, and verging on "rehash."

  they always seem to pull through tho', so.... dunno.

P Bernardi <phantasmas at erols.com> wrote:
  I'll agree w/ the hosannas sentiment.

what is up w/ the songwriting and arrangements on hosannas? the songs
wear themselves out by their length and the endings dont go anywhere.
they just end. because of this the songs seem half assed to me.

w/ the less than acceptable compositions and unispired set lists, KJ
have displayed themselves as uncaring and lazy.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes