[kj] reasons why BTATS is gaddamn incredible

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 21:47:14 EDT 2006

Same here. I've always found Rubicon to be one of the
weaker tracks on the album. The first few notes
promise a real freakout of a song but it degenerates
from there into a decent if not overly long and kind
of static tune. I think someone else made this point
earlier.

The standouts on Brighter for me are Adorations,
Chessboards, Goodbye To The Village, Wintergardens and
Love Of The Masses. I can't say enough good things
about the album. It was one of the first ones I heard
(maybe even the second one i heard in full after the
debut album) and i loved it from word go. It
represents all the good elements of 80s-era lush
guitar/synth driven pop/rock stuff. So beautiful and
so dissonant and tense all at once.

Songs From The Big Chair is one of my all-time
favourite albums. That should explain a few things.

Leigh