[kj] ot - was british minister outed by bush?

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:50:36 EDT 2006

This should give us some pause.  From today's Chicago Tribune:

*** QUOTE ***

"I've made the tough decision to commit American troops into harm's
way," Bush said.  "It's the toughest decision a president can ever
make.  But I want you to know that I tried diplomacy.  In other words,
the president has got to be able to say to the American people
diplomacy didn't work."

*** END QUOTE ***

With an attitude like that, no doubt diplomacy won't work.  I fully
expect the hawks do what they can to undermine diplomacy.  I suspect
or maybe just fear that we can look forward to legions of suicide
bombers blowing themselves up in American and British shopping centers
after Bush makes the literally earth-shakingly stupid mistake of
attacking Iran like a drunken monkey.  When you hear pronouncements
that the fundamentalist hicks in the Persian mountains will greet the
U.S. as liberators, then you know it's time to crawl under your desk.

--Mark