[kj] Night Time

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue May 9 05:35:59 EDT 2006

You are right that the lyrics aren't up to much - but frankly Jaz's lyrics have been on a terminal decline since he abandoned the "less is more" approach... i.e. from Revelations onwards. (Lyrics on Revelations and Fire Dances are ok, but not as good as 79-81.)

What *makes* Night Time is Geordie's guitar. From late '83 onwards (till the sadly under-mixed BTATS) you can hear the full beauty of "a thousand orchestras playing at once".

Right, I'm off to listen to it now.

Jamie