[kj] Night Time

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Tue May 9 05:26:51 EDT 2006

But for me what makes it inferior to their previous albums is that they
watered themselves down in order to appeal to a wider audience. Compared to
the first three it is very, very commercial sounding. It's a bit on the
samey/bland side (similar keyboard style in many songs, similar drums,
boring bass) The lyrics fluctuate between the ineffective ("Night-time,
turning out the sun" - sounds like a nursery rhyme) and the overblown and
grandiose (e.g. 'Europe'). Not saying it's bad, just flawed. Their best
album? Sorry, na-uh.