[kj] London gig (set list included)

James Osborne rush_me_away at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 22:25:28 EDT 2006

Am I the only one who thinks Gratitude (after long thought) is like the best song on the album?

Neil Perry <neilfperry at btinternet.com> wrote:  Seconded - glad I went of course, but real shame not
to hear the new stuff. Hosannas was a highlight for
me, as was Unspeakable. (And watching Geordie having
'a moment' during Primitive - head back, eyes shut,
really getting into it. Or out of it.) The only real
turd in the swimming pool was Gratitude. Obviously
means a lot to Jaz, but after the lively build up of
the first five songs it's a real dirge.

Anyways, nice to see everyone and also to discuss all
things Turbonegro with Mr G Goblin. And I bought the
blue vinyl Hosannas (that's the £15 one, not the £30
autographed one...)at the merch stall. Have yet to
listen to it, but worth it for the sleeve alone. Lush!

--- Jpwhkj at aol.com wrote:

> A cracking night out courtesy of the Joke.
>
> I didn't make it up to Camden till about 7.30, and
> found various Gatherers in the Cobden Arms (Neil,
> Colesy, Antoni, Dave Wright, Woody, Matt Platts, and
> Joker Jon).  Also spotted as the night wore on were
> Steve (FoS), t'other Graham, Juliet, and
> non-Gatherer but regular Joker Fish.
>
> The set list was much as usual, same as Oxford
> albeit a slightly different running order, and
> without Complications. Here it is:
>
> Faith Healer + Booids
> Communion
> Wardance
> Primitive
> Total Invasion
> Requiem
> Gratitude
> Bloodsport
> Hosannas
> Money Is Not Our God
> Frenzy
> Majestic
> Asteroid
> Whiteout
> The Wait
> Pssyche
>
> Unspeakable
> Pandemonium
>
> Bloodsport, Money, Pssyche, and Unspeakable were
> probably the best tracks for me... a reminder of the
> dance roots of the Joke.
>
> I went up to one of the balconies for a few tracks
> early on - quite interesting to watch the crowd and
> the band from that vantage point.  The crowd were
> much livelier than Oxford (no surprise) and
> particularly during the faster ones it got a bit
> hectic down the front.  Jaz seemed pretty cheerful,
> and the band were tight. Nice venue, too...
>
> I'm off to bed.
>
> Tired Jamie zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

James "Bruce" Osborne
rush_me_away at yahoo.com