[kj] London gig (set list included)

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu May 4 20:05:22 EDT 2006

A cracking night out courtesy of the Joke.

I didn't make it up to Camden till about 7.30, and found various Gatherers in the Cobden Arms (Neil, Colesy, Antoni, Dave Wright, Woody, Matt Platts, and Joker Jon).  Also spotted as the night wore on were Steve (FoS), t'other Graham, Juliet, and non-Gatherer but regular Joker Fish.

The set list was much as usual, same as Oxford albeit a slightly different running order, and without Complications. Here it is:

Faith Healer + Booids
Communion
Wardance
Primitive
Total Invasion
Requiem
Gratitude
Bloodsport
Hosannas
Money Is Not Our God
Frenzy
Majestic
Asteroid
Whiteout
The Wait
Pssyche

Unspeakable
Pandemonium

Bloodsport, Money, Pssyche, and Unspeakable were probably the best tracks for me... a reminder of the dance roots of the Joke.

I went up to one of the balconies for a few tracks early on - quite interesting to watch the crowd and the band from that vantage point.  The crowd were much livelier than Oxford (no surprise) and particularly during the faster ones it got a bit hectic down the front.  Jaz seemed pretty cheerful, and the band were tight. Nice venue, too...

I'm off to bed.

Tired Jamie zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz