[kj] OT: LATER WITH JOOLS (pearl jam)

bluce ree bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 4 09:21:56 EDT 2006

I had a listen to the new Pearl Jam album.

its horrendous.

everything after Vs sounds like noise.

iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com> wrote: fyi

 WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 27, PROGRAMME 1
 NEXT SHOW is this FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

 Hello Groovy Music Lovers,

 Another series is upon us and it's going to be great!

 Who have I got joining me on my first show?

 The last time they were on Telly in the UK was 10 years ago. Sixty million world wide album sales later the legendary PEARL JAM return. Later
 is their only UK TV appearance and we can expect them to play a couple of tracks from their new self titled album plus a classic track from their inimitable back catalogue.

 You might remember a little known Leeds lass called CORINNE BAILEY RAE who made her TV debut on Later last series! I invited her back to perform on my Annual Hootenanny on New Years Eve and we all predicted 2006 was going to be her year. Well, with a number 1 album she's back to perform for us again!

 Also making a very welcome return to the Later studio are former Mercury Prize nominees THE ZUTONS. With a multi platinum debut album under their belts they are back with a new album "Tired of Hanging Around" which has already entered the album charts at Number 2. Rest assured The Zutons are sounding and looking even fresher and groovier than ever.

 Being a huge Ray Charles fan I am very excited about my next guest. JAMIE FOXX, Oscar winner for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ray Charles in "Ray" is coming in to talk about his many talents and to perform a track for us from his latest album, "Unpredictable".

 Also, on the show this week will be LA singer songwriter and front woman of Rilo Kiley, JENNY LEWIS. Jenny's voice and storytelling telling has attracted other musicians fans such as Elvis Costello. Jenny will perform a number from her "Rabbit Fur Coat" solo album with  Kentucky born sisters The Watson Twins.

 Finally from Wilmington, Delaware, THE SPINTO BAND will be making their UK TV debut on Later this week. All six of The Spinto Band are schooled in the art of classic American rock, fans of Flaming Lips, Pavement and David Byrne, they'll be bringing their brand of "lollipop rock" to the Later studio.

 Make sure you tune in:
 BBC 2 Friday 5th May at 11.35pm
 Love Jools x

www.myspace.com/killingjokefromthebasements