[kj] Oxford Gig report

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Tue May 2 19:19:31 EDT 2006

Just got in from a great evening.
Bumped into Jaz at the pub before and had a drink and a chat. I bought him whisky and he gave me a pinch of snuff which he fished out of his pocket like a crafty old man!
He was relaxed and very friendly. He told me off when I asked him if the snuff was raven's ashes!

Anyway, gig was great. Excellent sound. Geordie was sober. The harp chimed beautifully. Ben was bang on and Neil was doing a great job. And. Wait for it. Jaz's voice was great. No troubles. He hit and held the notes very well. Happy smiley faces, Jaz came on first and gave a talk about Oxford being the closest he could bare to be to Cheltenham which was very funny. Crowd was a little slow but that did not stop Jamie and I acting like the couple of cocks we are. Thanks to Jamie I have a nice gash on my arm! He has a vice like grip.(no real harm done mate. thanks for your concern!!!)

Set wise, all the usual. Shortened version of Communion plus Hosannas, Gratitude and Majestic. Only Hosannas sounded weak. Others were fine.

I reckon you guys are in for a treat when you see them. A very very good gig.

Glad i went!!