[kj] OT:Ministry

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue May 2 16:13:50 EDT 2006

"Steve Hackett" wrote:

New Ministry cd arrived on my mat today - direct from Big Als shop and a
signed poster came as a separate delivery FOC,all the way from the US of A
within 24 hrs of release - SEE JAZ!! Yer GoP could have been here too if you
could be arsed!!

btw its a damn fine album!

+++++++++++++++++

I picked it up this morning and "Rio Grande Blood" is as I expected, a
pretty relentless, over the top slam-fest that's about as anti-GW Bush/US
government as it could possibly be with songs like Ass Clown, Yellow Cake
and of course, The Great Satan. Some funny lyrics in places but the sameness
of the music kinda wears thin after a few songs and one song questioning
"who" was responsible for 9/11 (did planes *really* crash into the WTC?") is
just plain obnoxiously stupid. I like Ministry a lot, but their output over
the last decade has been real spotty, imo.

On the other hand, the new Tool album right outta the shrink-wrap is
excellent. Although I saw them way back in late '92 opening for Ministry, I
never got into them and up 'til today, never picked up any of their albums.
Not just a few good songs, but a great "complete" album from start to
finish.

T.B.