[kj] Southern Death Cult

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Tue May 2 09:27:56 EDT 2006

well theres different ways I see my 'punk' (for the sake of conversation).
First of all there was the 14/15 year old who in 76/77 saw the beginnings of
something exciting, didnt have any politics really but was entering THAT
stage that any parent with teenagers can appreciate.LOL. it was fun and
discovery
Then there became a more progressive political development and teenage angst
around 79 - 85 probably being worn down by the miners strike, Falklands war
and peace camp fall out
Then there was the self development stage where it wasnt 'lead' by bands
although influences remained.

So yes it changed my life but if say i sat down with Greig, for example,
we'd be speaking in different toungues when refferring to punk.

the funny thing is is that my son is currently being a punk. Not with
hairstyle and clone leather jacket but by being completely anarchick. It
just falls down when he cant be arsed to sign on that he comes to me for
money. : (

so no, i didnt go to glasgow. I saw KJ on the 1st tour. Its never lived up
to that experience and when i saw they were still living in the past i knew
i wasnt going. I didnt miss it. Had they played the new album i d have gone,
but times too special to waste on living in the past.

my generation iPat