[kj] atkins & budgie - a drummer's view

dammit bleep hawk044 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 16:52:46 EST 2006

No one instrument on "Extremities" comes through and
is produced better on the entire album than Atkins'
snare. That goes for guitar, bass, synths or vocals.
IMHO (albeit biased to a slight degree), that snare
sound is almost as important to "Extremities" as
Geordie's guitar.

Some tracks don't capture the toms as well as I'd like
them to. However, the overall result is a dark,
ferocious eruption of a release that, dare I say it,
did much to re-solodify the KJ legacy.

It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to hear Age of Greed and NOT
start air drumming. I've often interrupted dull
moments in rehearsals with the intro.

It DOES make you wanna play drums.

-jim