[kj] OT Tod A

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 28 16:38:43 EST 2006

Tod's back in the States for a bit. Chatted with him earlier in the day, actually. And he wasn't in Japan, he was teaching English and doing translation work in Thailand and India. In any event, he's back Stateside now (originally just for the X-mas holidays, but it's turned into a longer stay, so he can make some money to return to the far east). That said, he's demo'd virtually the entirety of Firewater's next album, and he's currently in talks with some art galleries to do a show of his work.

Would Tod play bass in Killing Joke? He's a fan, of course. An interesting concept, though I doubt he'd be into it.

Off the record, Tod is mending fences with Jim Coleman and Phil Puleo (no contact with Jack Natz yet) for the purposes of re-releasing the Cop Shoot Cop back catalog, along with possibly some archival stuff on DVD. It's still very early to say, though, if/when that's going to happen. Fingers crossed.

Alex in NYC