[kj] ot - bush monument/museum

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 28 14:55:35 EST 2006

Fair question -- tho' one I don't know the answer to. But, to my knowledge, every single president gets a library. It just sorta comes with the job. I've been to the the JFK library and the FDR library.  Neither left an especially great impression on me. The Kennedy one was nice, I guess.  Some are obviously bigger and higher-profile than others. Bono sang at the opening of the Clinton library, as I remember.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine the Bush Library will have lots of big photos of George W. talking to the firemen with that stupid-ass bullhorn at Ground Zero, and lots and lots of pictures of Iraqi's rejoicing at the toppling of that statue of Saddam Hussein

Big whoopity whoopity -- it's all meaningless self-aggrandizement, pomp & circumstance. Something you Brits know all about, of course, courtesy of the family Windsor.

Alex in NYC