[kj] Hated footy players past n present

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 11:39:44 EST 2006

For a start, as you pointed out earlier, threatening someone with death is illegal. You don't actually have to kill someone for it to be a crime. So it's fairly logical to assume that there are Chelsea players capable of issuing a death threat, however serious it may have been.

  As for killing a referee being absolutely unrealistic, that's not exactly true either. It's very realistic for fans to attack a ref's house, headbutt a ref, throw coins at a ref, beat a ref with iron pipes, break a ref's jaw and generally physically abuse the referee. These are all events from the past few years. These are all realistic, but some nutjob going a little further and actually killing one isn't? I'd say it's only a matter of time. Several have already been killed in South America, not to mention refs from many other sports.

  As for 'reality check', fans do risk hefty jail sentences by attack refs. In fact, many people across the globe risk high jail sentences by murdering, well, anybody. It's not been a deterrent for all the other murderers has it?

  And as for this gem:

  "If they were psychotic enough to kill a referee, then they would
have been sectioned and held indefinitely years ago. The type of psychopath
you envisage doesn't exist."

  That's just classic. Are you really sure irrational psychopaths don't exist?

  My mistake, they've all been locked up, haven't they? Along with all the mass murderers and serial killers they managed to lock up before they did anything. Great systme we have, where the police can spot all the murderers and lock them up before they kill anyone!

  Priceless!

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com