[kj] Hated footy players past n present

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:34:01 EST 2006

>Interesting thoughts there, but I think there are few problems.
>
>   For a start, where's your evidence that no-one has seen these threats?
>He could have shown them to many people and there would be no way for you
>to know it.
***** I have followed proceedings quite closely, and wanted to find out
myself where the threats came from, but he has not produced any evidence of
them existing *************

>   How do you know he didn't contact the Swiss police? Death threat cases
>are notoriously hard to investigate; an anonymous letter arrives from
>London- where do you go from there? How do you find the writer?
********Fisk already publicly stated the  treats did nt come from London and
he stated that he did nt contact the police because he wanted no further
investigations to take place, he wanted to forget about it as soon as
possible*************

>   Retiring and not speaking to the media sounds like a fairly sensible
>response to death threats against you and your family. If you took the
>threats seriously, then you're not going to continue placing yourself in
>danger.
*******If something else illegal was going on, that would also be a reason
to quit before whatever you were doing comes to light. People seem to be
forgetting that Fisk was caught talking to Rijkard at half time, this was
initially denied, but then proven to be true.

>   He didn't contact The Sun. He issued a press statement that was
>published in a great number of media sources.
******But why did nt he first to go to the Authorities? Why try to make
himself out to be the innocent party. " I'm quitting because of (alleged)
death threats and nothing else......(Ho-Hum).!!!!!!"

>   As for your final story about the ref forced to move, that's good to
>hear. It demonstrates precisely the lengths some football fans will go to
>if they think they're team has been cheated. More than one website claimed
>to have access to and publish the ref's e-mail address (which wasn't hard
>to find, apparently) and phone number so there were certainly ways to get
>the threats to him.
********This proves that they are all idle threats, school kids sending
threats should nt be taken seriously. If he found a horseshead in his bed,
then yes get worried, but not by some anonymous (alleged )
threat.*************

>   It all comes down to whether you think there are Chelsea fans capable of
>this. You obviously don't, but we know there are England fans willing to do
>it. Hell, the ref is usually the least popular person on the pitch. Is it
>really that unbelievable that a handful of aggrieved fans would take out
>their anger on the ref?

*********Fans may feel aggrieved at a match. But do you honestly think that
a supporter would wake up the next morning and start to plan the
assassination of the referee. Would a supporter spend all the time and
effort organising flights, getting a weapon, hunting the ref down and
killing him just for making a bad decision?  We need a reality check here.
Would a supporter be willing to possibly spend the next 20 years in jail for
murder and never see his team play again, just to get revenge for some bad
decisions????************

  It doesn't matter what team they support. Even Chelsea is guaranteed to
have some psychotic supporters.

********If they were psychotic enough to kill a referee, then they would
have been sectioned and held indefinitely years ago. The type of psychopath
you envisage doesn't exist. Yes some supporters like to fight each other,
but assassinating a Ref is beyond the realms of reality