[kj] Your TOP TEN FAVORITE JOKE Blunders!

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 03:14:57 EST 2006

1. Releasing most of the tracks on Nighttime (with the exception of "Love
Like Blood" and maybe "Kings and Queens")
2. Making synths 90% of the sound on Outside the Gate
3. Releasing BTATS, including the pretentious cover photos (was this a Joke
album, or a pseudonym for Tears for Fears)
4. Waiting 7 years to reunite after Democracy.
5. Writing the songs "Lanterns" , "Prosac People", "Absent Friends",
"Pilgrimage" and "Dominator"
6. Not putting "Birds of a Feather", "A New Day", "Sun Goes Down", "Take Take
Take", "Wilful Days" , "Another Cult Goes Down", "Zenon", and "Me or You" on
any studio albums (hey, if they wanted to be a pop band, ok, but release good
pop tunes like Me or You, not weak albums...)
7. Touring the US in 89 and 2003 with virtually no promotion, resulting in
the playing of gigs in front of about 150 people in a hip towns like Boston.
8. The seemingly constant cancellation of gigs in Europe (I feel for you
gatherers across the pond...)
9. Not releasing the Astoria dvd (my friend Bruce went to the show while on
vacation, and even bought me a UK tour shirt, but alas will not be able to
watch the concert again)
10. Jaz yelling at me at a record store signing in '94, after I told him I
was an atheist. (He and Geordie signed my "Unperverted Pantomine" cassette #
1087 with "Allah Akbar")