[kj] Your TOP TEN FAVORITE JOKE Blunders!

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 24 16:55:29 EST 2006

(just six, in no particular order, truth be told):

6 - The Democracy tour fuck-up (the beginning of the journey to the end)
5 - Milwaukee and Sydney, 2003, and playing drunk for much of the tour
(reminders of the beginning of the end)
4 - The Europe 2004 "tour" fuck-ups (no really, this is the end)
3 - The Hosannas tour fuck-up (didn't we tell you this was the end?)
2 - Not reaching out to BPF when they had the chance
1 - Jaz saying in January 2006 the following (the final hypocracy):

"With KJ, I never say never. As long as there's always a configuration
of three, I don't mind. I don't really like it if it's just me and
Geordie, although predominantly, I guess we're the senior members.
(Laughs) There's no hierarchy in KJ, but, in terms of the final say, the
senior members obviously have the main vote. It has to be like this,
some people have to take this on from year to year and those are the
people who suffer the most and go to the top. (Laughs) This month, we're
formally making Raven a permanent member of the 'Security Council'"

<snip>
and:
 "That's right and I'm forever juggling dates because of Killing Joke's
commitments. We're waiting for all the dates to come in at the moment.
We're doing a world tour, it certainly looks like that at the moment,
unless something tragic happens, *which I think is probably likely*.
We're doing a ten-day tour of France, I know that's being organized now,
then I believe we'll be doing England and then we're off to the States
and to whacked-out places. Then there are some festivals throughout the
summer and I know we'll be playing in London in May, we're just talking
about that, maybe two nights. Then we're holding the Brixton Academy for
the very end of the year, as far as English gigs go. I think we'll be
doing 4 to 5 English gigs on this British tour. *We'll get everything
out on the Website as soon as we know*. I know we'll be doing some of
the Far East, not just Japan this time, Indonesia and some crazy places.
We're also doing South America. We have g*reat travel agents so any of
the Gathering who want to can come on these journeys*, we always like it
when we see old faces."