[kj] English Beat

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.COM
Wed Mar 22 04:13:58 EST 2006

A great band.
They were touring the UK a couple of years back with the quite a few of the old band minus Wakeling but with Roger's son on main vocals. So I guess Wakeling is taking his "version" round.

No idea about tours or anything.But I think Roger's band is at Twistandcrawl.com or summat.

--- GregSlawson at aol.com wrote:

From: GregSlawson at aol.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: [kj] English Beat
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:38:15 EST

Just saw English Beat (the ONLY ska band that EVER got any regular commercial
radio airplay in the US, with the exception of the song "Our House", of
course). Dave Wakeling was the only original member. Not as good as their tours a
few years back, mainly because there wasn't a Ranking Roger-type vocalist. They
also played every one of their songs significantly slower than on the albums
(both the fast and slow songs). They did play a few very good new songs,
including a ridiculously great song called "How Can You Stand There" (a fast
ska/pop number), which criticizes those who are not political. This song is even
better than any song they did on their 3 albums--I kid you not. I also heard that
Ranking Roger is touring with his own Beat and calling it "Twist and Crawl".
Any news on either band recording in the future?