[kj] Rock Sound interview

Robert Mallett Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 13:07:00 EST 2006

Jaz said to me in 94 that he had to let Killing Joke go to get it back. I
didn't realize he'd ever actually been sacked, as he said they'd "tried" to
take KJ away from him.

I can't imagine Geordie agreeing to be in a Jaz-less Killing Joke. Atkins,
on the other hand... he'd probably try to change his own name to Killing
Joke if he thought he could sell some more tour posters, t-shirts or drum
sessions on ebay.

Jaz told me in '92 that he received a fax from all of them (Murder Inc)
saying they were going it without him (this was at Holland Park). He was
practically in tears, and specifically blamed Atkins as being the main
culprit. By then (Feb 92) he'd patched it up with Geordie and they were
talking about a new KJ album.

bob