[kj] Big Paul Speaks.. about the Elephant Fayre ...

Antoni Adamiak pssyche23 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 05:35:09 EST 2006

Just got around to reading this last night Alex ... a real top effort ...
just to clarify that the Elephant Fayre (rather than Fair) was held in St
Germains in Cornwall, England - it was late July 1985 therefore just
post-NightTime (rather than pre-BTATS - the first BTATS material was heard
in the UK at the Reading Festival in August 1986 with a couple of warm-up
dates in France (?) ... I did my own interview with Jaz backstage after the
Elephant Fayre gig for my mate's fanzine No Class (in conjunction with a guy
from Impact fanzine) ... my journalistic standards were dreadfully poor & I
struggled to think of anything challenging to say, especially as I was in
awe somewhat but you may wish to view it anyway (I once put a long lost
transcript up on The Gathering) but thankfully my old mucker Graeme has
finally documented his No Class days in a rather dandy website :

* http://www.noclass.co.uk/joke2.html *

In case anyone was wondering, YES, I have a full C90 audio cassette of KJ's
headlining set at the Elephant Fayre ... this was bought on the camp site
the following morning for £4 ... they were selling like hot cakes ... I can
send someone a copy if they wish to host some MP3's for a limited period of
time ... and lastly congrats Alex on your recent arrival (and other folks
announcements, such as Alexi's birthday, apologies for not responding
before) ... I've been struggling to keep up with things, but I am managing
to read all the emails (which are mainly PW's !!!) ...

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/welcome.html *