[kj] Wait for Raven

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:08:06 EST 2006

The only decent thing to do is wait for Raven.

I hope some of the more relevant Gathering e-mails get through to the
management/Jaz and Geordie. I'm sure I speak for many here when I say Youth
just can't do many of the songs justice, even though we retain affection for
him and good memories of his pre-'82 style. Poor Youth brings depression to
all the others too, I believe. I hope one day he'll be trully sorted out. We
don't want anyone else either. Only Raven and Youth make it authentic
Killing Joke. It wasn't the same with Taif, I'm afraid, exciting though that
period was.

IF the facts are that Raven made his arrangements long ago, with the
understanding that KJ business would be dormant by now, then fair enough. I
believe he would rather play with Killing Joke than Ministry but he's agreed
to play for Ministry and he's entitled to do that in the same way Jaz is
entitled to make his various arrangements outside KJ.

The more Killing Joke becomes about one man (i.e. Jaz), the less vital it
is. Something was lost forever when Big Paul went, but the current four is
the best Killing Joke we've had for many a long year.

I think Jaz sometimes forgets the original aims of Killing Joke and how
strongly the idea of the four featured. He's reawakened to that a little
recently.

I really hope pride doesn't undo all that's been achieved in the last year
or two.

The current problems can be negotiated easily with a little humility on
Jaz's part, with an acknowledgement of Raven's rights and commitments, a
pragmatic acceptance of the huge amount Raven brings to the party, and a
recognition of the fact that we all desperately want Raven.

Maybe the delay will work for the best somehow anyway.

gb