[kj] Your counter attack, sir!

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 14:50:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/12/2006 12:08:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
acroastic at hotmail.com writes:

Can't  let any criticism of my beloved Brighter Than a Thousand Suns go by
without wishing to open the ears and the mind of the critic to this
beautiful, beautiful album.

And Night Time is not all that bad, is  it?

I think BTAS has the most "mystical" type mood of all the albums so  far.
There is something about it that I can't quite put my finger about  that album
that makes it special to me. Of course it has tracks that are  better then
others.
  Recently I was in the car with a friend and some BTAS came on-  having
someone else there made me think a bit different about the music and all  of the
sudden it stuck out how dated some of the synth work is.
 On viewing the live Adorations video though, that came off to me as  Killing
Joke "Light" (the visual aspect of the performance)
It reminded me of the clip in Repo Man where the Circle Jerks were a lounge
band doing a lounge version of one of their own songs... "Gotta duck when the
shit hits the fan!-Shu be do wop-yeah..."
Adam