[kj] Stop knocking Geordie!

Robert Mallett Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 04:59:03 EST 2006

'I.D cards wont do anything to civil liberties, I dont think I.D cards will
have no effect what so ever. It wont stop terrorism, it wont stop crime, I
dont see what the point in having them is, Suicide bombers are nt going to
have "Suicide bomber" written in the occupation slot are they. We ve got
passport numbers ,N.I numbers, drivers license numbers..........we also all
got names as well. How many numbers do they think we need?
   Smoking: People say that its their freedom to smoke............but I say
that I should be free not to inhale their exhaled dirty air. By all means
smoke, but do it away from me.'

Did you watch Dispatches on this issue the week before last? The programme
argued that the amount of personal information that these cards will contain
will be terrifying (mobile numbers, email addresses, etc etc etc), all held
on a central data base. You like the sound of that do you? Are you
receiving?

bob