[kj] Stop knocking Geordie!

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 11:49:47 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/12/2006 9:13:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
thepunisher at blueyonder.co.uk writes:

> Ive got to admit that the amount of KJ knocking that goes on on the list
> you'd never believe we're all supposed to be fans - I'm not suggesting blind
>
> loyalty or that at times they're not downright frustrating and made poor
> business and artistic decisionsbut read some of the threads and you'd think
> they've done nothing worthwhile since the eighties.

Good point. At times this seems more like a nostalgia list, or an anti-KJ
list. People should realize that with the exception of BTATS, Outside the
Gate,and the limp Nighttime, most of their other stuff (even Pandemonium, about 1/2
of Democracy, and 2003) is pretty good. (Ok, counter-attacks, please?) And as
for the poor business/artistic decisions, I have long considered KJ more of a
part-time band, which helps me live with their almost non-existence in the USA.
(Trying to find someone here who'se even heard of them is getting harder and
harder).