[kj] kj self parody ?

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 04:29:35 EST 2006

"but remember kids, wars are bad, except for the War of Independence*, the
Second World War, and Star Wars".

    From the American point of view this may be correct. But to the
Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians the war against the Americans would not
be classed as bad. The American Indians may not agree that the war of
independence was a good thing.  Also the above statement is a sweeping
generalization which should stay where it belongs, in a cartoon. Are will
really discussing the merits of cartoons and calling them intelligent? They
may reflect American society, but they should nt be labeled intelligent. I
see it as a continuation of the "dumbing down" of society. Has the cartoon
programmes led to a vast amount of people who can only express themselves by
saying *good*(awesome) or *bad* (sucks) with not many words in between?
    Have we got to a stage where a cartoon character is representative of
American society?

   If you want to conquer the World, you must first conquer Hollywood