[kj] Sisters Of Mercy

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 09:24:33 EST 2006

It really depended on the venue, though. I saw the Cocteaus at the Beacon Theater (which features nice, comfy seats) and it was sublime. I saw them again at the jam-packed Roseland Ballroom (where people stand around, packed in like sardines) and it was ghastly. One shouldn't go see the Cocteau Twins expecting choroegraphy, pyrotechnics, stage-diving and big rock poses. They were strictly about the music. In the proper venue, they were an amazing live act, so long as you didn't go expecting Gwar.

Alex in NYC