[kj] Pyramid Myth

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Tue Mar 7 11:42:16 EST 2006

>the location is irrelevant, the location makes no difference to
>the end product

I disagree . .

You could record the album in the gents loo at Liverpool Street station or
in a remote studio (like Rockfield for example) and get two completely
different vibes. Location does play a large part in the recording of any
music, a relaxed feel during the recording will lead to a relaxed sounding
performance, an air of tension will make things a lot more edgy

As far as I can tell the tracks mixed at the Kings Chamber were done there
to capture the natural resonance of the structure (the tracks were played
and captured by strategically positioned mikes, the resultant recordings
were mixed with the original)