[kj] Studios - persona of the muse - our own GW

Rob Horan Rob at westwoodassociates.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 10:38:16 EST 2006

'as most musicians play better live than in the studio'

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, one of the reasons live albums are so
often a letdown for me - funny enough this thread reminds me of my
favourite Hendrix solo (on Machine Gun @ the Fillmore) which I've heard
so often that I could play it myself (and I don't even play guitar) -
when I first saw it on video many years after I'd originally heard it, I
couldn't believe that he was standing virtually motionless........it's
such a technically perfect performance that he must have wanted to play
it as best as he could ie. not round the neck, feet, teeth, tongue, cock
whatever..