[kj] Implosion (again)

Rob Horan Rob at westwoodassociates.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 10:22:14 EST 2006

Great story on Syd Barrett in this month's Mojo which blows away the
myth that he mentally imploded and hid in his mother's basement since
ill fated gig in Southampton (not Pompey - geddit?) when the band
'forgot' to collect him ie. quite a few gigs with several different
bands (one supported by MC5, another supporting Hawkwind in a band
called Stars) in Cambridge until late '72 with a close friend
photographer Mick Rock claiming that he's nowhere near as loony as
everyone thinks - an intimation that agoraphobia took over an
essentially shy person who was in the public eye.....