[kj] Tobermorey

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 04:51:55 EST 2006

On 6/3/06 20:37, "Brian Whitehead" wrote:

> Me and the missus want to know where it is so we can go on holiday.

As David said, it¹s Tobermorey which is the capital of Mull (
http://www.holidaymull.org/balamory/index.htm)
You need to get the ferry from Oban ­ leaves at 12:00. (I know this because
we arrived in Oban at 12.15.)
Daughter was really upset so I had to run ahead to the ticket information
office and ask the lady there to tell my daughter Balamorey was closed as
Miss Hoolie had gone on holiday.

I stayed in Tobermorey for a night a few years ago while wreck diving up the
Sound of Mull.
Very beautiful. The views of the harbour as we came in on a crisp, clear
November morning were amazing.
We gate crashed a Xmas party in this great pub called the Mish Nish & got
totally slaughtered.
Trying to climb down a harbour walls very slippery, fish scale encrusted
ladder, at low tide in the pitch black of early morning to get back onto an
old fishing boat while while extremely pissed is no mean feat.
(To do, or, it would appear, type)
Neither¹s having to then get up at 7am for a fry up and a 55m dive.
Another great tale.
I really ought to consider lurking.