[kj] Riot Riot

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 16:25:32 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/6/2006 1:04:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Devacor at aol.com writes:

I was just in London last month (im from the U.S.) and  observed how the
Police  handled people. I stayed across from Buckingham  Palace and  obeserved how
the police dealt with the crowds during the  changing of the gaurds. that and
there were a few pretty big protests going on  over the cartoon bit at the
time- I was thinking "my gosh these cops are  soft"- they were acting like
ushers at a movie theater or something compared  to U.S. cops.
 I think I may have mentioned b/f but my ex gf's brother was a cop  and just
went through the academy. I asked him the question- "why are most  cops
assholes?" -  He said its how you are trained up. the ones who don't  have the make
up to be molded into the "standard issue U.S. cop" just drop  out. I went to
his graduation and met most of his class. I didn't ever  get any feeling that
any of them were rednecks/lunkheads just waiting to use  their billy club on
someone who smirked at them. Most of them were college  educated and seemed
smart- they just seemed very programmed.
  as for violence in the D.C. and NYC scenes. I came around DC in  the mid
80's and it was pretty rough. Real deal tough guys and gals. There was  the
"crossover" time when metal heads were starting to show up to some shows  and they
were totally worked over (guess they weren't cool enough)- I saw some  things
I wish I never had to see all done for no real reason.
 In the late 80's early 90's it got rougher but in a different way.  It
seemed you had idiots trying to prove how tough they were. There was a real  tacky
time in the early 90's in the NYC and NJersey area where people were  brining
chains, stun guns, hammers and such to shows and  swinging them  around in the
pit. I was bouncing during those times. I also had to deal a few  times with
people getting shot and stabbed.
 I saw circle jerks at cbgb's in the summer- some nyc tough guys  were there
and at one point pulled a knife on someone in the front b/c they  bumped into
them or something. God forbid that happen at a punk show.
 I guess you get used to it here but it can be very tiring.

London is tamed compared to our cops that is for sure. But you have to
remember they do not have guns like we do. My cousin is a NYPD cop in Flushings,
Queens and his father was one too. Plus my other cousin Tommy was a NYPD Det.
for Homicide. The wosrt cops I have delt with are Sheriffs or Beverly Hills
cops  are real Nazis. they do not like black people. Very prejudice assholes
they are.  I used to get stopped by them all the time! They hate punks!

The shows in L.A. are still violent at times. But now they search you for
weapons and such. It seems it does not work for people get away with shanks
(knives) still like it is prison. Bonehead Nazis are always getting their ass
kicked. Punks are not into that here and there are always fights over that. When
 I saw the reunited Subhumans in 99' at the same place where this riot
happened.  I saw about 5 fights break out on those Nazis. One guy got a oil can
garbage can  tossed on him. So for another Hitler youth uprising.

~LB