[kj] Riot Riot

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:47:49 EST 2006

Mid to (where it was the worst) late 80s were the worst as far as violence
at punk shows in Detroit.  Part of it was that the popularity was gone and
now the true punks and the seedy people were left to their own devices.  I
was never at a show thinking a riot was going to break out.  But I was at
too many shows where I had to fight my way out.  More of a vicious bar brawl
feeling.  But you had no idea if anyone had a weapon.  And in some cases
they would use whatever they could get their hands on.  It was also one of
the lower times in the MI (As a whole) economy.  Especially Detroit.  And we
are repeating that cycle again.

Welcome to Thunderdome

Chris