[kj] OT: quick personal update

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 5 17:28:40 EST 2006

Hugely Off-topic. Delete now if such things upset you.

Just a quick personal update to those who very nicely expressed their
best wishes & concern....

The wife is fine and back at home. After several days, she was
released from the hospital and put on mandatory partial bedrest
(which she's finding excruciatingly boring). Hell, I *WISH* someone
would put me on bedrest these days. In any event, the contractions
were successfully curtailed, but should they happen again (could go
at any moment), it will be for real this time. The weight and heart-
rate of the baby are fine, so it's all systems go. We're now back in
a waiting game, but the original target date (April 10) now seems
rather unlikely.

One downside of all this is that I've had to clear the decks and
cancel all plans until fruition, so to speak. This means that I'll be
missing the Sisters of Mercy, the Wedding Present and indie metal
gimp ensemble, THE SWORD this week. Oh well.

In any case, thanks to all who checked in. Despite all you scowling,
your black leather and your tattoos, you're secretly all very nice
folks (well, most of you, at least ...hahahaha).

Cheers,

Alex in NYC
e-mail: vassifer at earthlink.net
weblog: http://vassifer.blogs.com