[kj] ot - gems of the most powerful chump in 'plain' english

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 17:04:15 EST 2006

/<<<twisting Bushs words around to meet his own agenda.>>>
/
*oh did i call bush a chimp,,sorry that is an insult to chimps
below are **a tidbit** of direct quotes, twisted only by the frat boy
king's own mouth :*

t reads like a mystery, a novel. It's well written.
    /-- Dubya's assessment of the 9/11 Commission's report, and a
    statement I'm sure will make the country feel a whole lot better,
    Crawford, Texas, Jul. 26, 2004/

It's a myth to think I don't know what's going on. And it's a myth to
think that I'm not aware that there is opinions that don't agree with
mine. Because I'm fully aware of that. ...I see a lot of the news. Every
morning I look at the newspaper I can tell you what the headlines are. I
must confess, if I think the story is, like, not a fair appraisal, I'll
move on.
    /-- Contrary opinions: He's aware of them. He just isn't
    particularly interested in hearing them out. Interview with Brian
    Williams, NBC News, Dec. 12, 2005/

I came away from that summit that the small business person feels
constrained by tax policy and regulatory policy and I was really
appreciated the people coming.
    /-- If only there had been English teachers there, too, Crawford,
    Texas, Aug. 16, 2002/

DUBYA: I appreciate the Secretary of Energy joining me today. He's a
good man, he knows a lot about the subject, you'll be pleased to hear. I
was teasing him -- he taught at MIT, and -- do you have a PhD?
SECRETARY OF ENERGY BODMAN: Yes.
DUBYA: Yes, a PhD. Now I want you to pay careful attention to this --
he's the PhD, and I'm the C student, but notice who is the advisor and
who is the President.
    /-- Yes, we've been noticing that for some time now... Lusby,
    Maryland, Jun. 22, 2005/

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."
-"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in
this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live
in this century."
-"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities
in our air and water that are doing it."

Sitting down and reading a 500-page book on public policy or philosophy
or something.
    /-- Answer to interviewer when asked to name something he's not good
    at, Talk Magazine, Sep. 1, 1999/

We live in a culture of moral indifference, where movies and videos
glamorize violence and tolerance is touted as a great virtue.
    /-- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, Apr. 6, 1998/

NSANA: Mr. President, today is the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City
bombing and a lot of people are reflecting on that act of terrorism --
DUBYA: Yes.
INSANA: -- that occurred a decade ago, one that we almost forget in
light of what's happened since. Can I get your reflections on that event
and what it means still even to the war on terror, even if that's a
domestic rather than international issue?
DUBYA: It goes to show that violence can erupt anywhere, any time, and,
and as a society we've got to be diligent to those who would try to harm
us. It also goes to show that terrorist acts not only come from abroad
but can come here at home. The positive news in this instance is the
*City of Oklahoma* came together in strong compassion and decency and
care and hope for those who suffered, and our justice system worked.
    /-- Dubya reflects on the "City of Oklahoma bombing", Interview with
    Ron Insana of CNBC, Apr. 19, 2005/

DUBYA: So what state is Wales in?
CHURCH: It's a separate country next to England.
DUBYA: Oh, okay.
    /-- Exchange between Dubya and Welsh teenage singing sensation
    Charlotte Church, as reported in MSNBC, Oct. 31, 2001/

Vice President mentioned Nigeria is a fledgling democracy. We have to
work with Nigeria. That's an important continent.
    /-- Presidential debate, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Oct. 11, 2000/
I'd like to go down to South America. There is a complicating factor
there. The Mexican presidential election is taking place, and I
certainly don't want to get involved in that.
    / Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mar. 19, 2000/

The only thing I know about Slovakia is what I learned first-hand from
your foreign minister, who came to Texas.
    /-- To a Slovak journalist. Unfortunately for Dubya, the meeting he
    was thinking of was with Janez Drnovsek, the prime minister of
    *Slovenia*, Jun. 22, 1999/

And traveling with me today is one of our daughters, a newly-graduate
from college, Barbara Bush. Thanks for coming, Barbara.
    /-- What's a "newly-graduate"? Marquette, Michigan, Jul. 13, 2004/

Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.
    /-- Dubya's way of declining to answer reporters' questions at the
    Summit of the Americas, Québec City, Canada, Apr. 21, 2001/

[We're] working hard to convince both the Indians and the *Pakis*
there's a way to deal with their problems without going to war.
    /-- Casually throwing an ethnic slur into the mix, White House, Jan.
    7, 2001/

It's going to require numerous IRA agents.
    /-- On Al Gore's tax plan, Greensboro, North Carolina, Oct. 10, 2000/

This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do
when you run for president. You gotta preserve.

    /-- Speaking during *Perseverance Month* at Fairgrounds Elementary
    School, Nashua, New Hampshire, Jan. 28, 2000/

See, free nations do not develop weapons of mass destruction.
    /-- I wonder if Dubya is going to try and rewrite the history of the
    20th century to agree with this statement, Washington, D.C., Oct. 8,
    2003/

So long as we love freedom, they hate us, and they want to hurt us.
That's just the facts of life, as we head into the 21st century.
    /-- I guess Dubya hasn't given up on the 20th century just yet,
    Houston, Texas, Sep. 26, 2002/

Twenty-eight percent of eighth graders do not know the reason why the
Civil War was fought.
    /-- I guess there was only one reason in Dubya's history books,
    White House, Sep. 17, 2002/

When we were kids, a lot of us were kids, growing up, oceans separated
us from danger.
    /-- Charting new verbal territory on his "America protected by (or
    in this case, Americans separated by) oceans" theme, East Literature
    Magnet School, Nashville, Tennessee, Sep. 17, 2002/

We've had oceans which have protected us over our history. Except for
Pearl Harbor, we've never really been hit before. After all, we're at
war, and for the first time in our nation's history, part of the
battlefront is here at home.
    /-- Apparently Dubya *has still* never heard about the British
    burning down the White House during the War of 1812, or the Japanese
    seizing the islands of Attu and Kiska (Alaska), bombing Dutch
    Harbor, Alaska, and shelling Fort Stevens, Oregon and Santa Barbara,
    California in WWII, remarks to the National Association of
    Manufacturers, Oct. 31, 2001/

There wasn't a lot of protest at Yale in '68. I don't remember that. And
I think most people -- I don't know if you found anything differently --
I just don't remember any great days of rage. I think those were mainly
in the 70's.
    /-- In actuality 1967-68 saw the following events: Race riots in
    Yale hometown of New Haven, antiwar "teach-ins" and protests,
    students burning draft cards and William Sloane Coffin Jr., Yale
    chaplain, was indicted for helping draft resisters. New York Times,
    Jun. 19, 2000/

   3. I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
      believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.
   2. We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of
      business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their
      love with women all across this country.
   1. There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas,
      probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on --
      shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again.

[Laura is] out campaigning along with our girls. And she speaks English
a lot better than I do.
    /-- She ain't the only one, Tempe, Arizona, Oct. 13, 2004/

Uhh -- I hear there's rumors on the, uhh, Internets that we're gonna
have a -- draft. We're not going to have a draft. Period.
    /-- There's more than one Internet? Astounding. Second Presidential
    Debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 8, 2004/

On the tax cut, it's a big decision. I did the right decision.
    /-- Yes, you... did? Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis,
    Missouri, Oct. 8, 2004/

In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly
hard. You know why? Because an enemy realizes the stakes. The enemy
understands a free Iraq will be a major defeat in their ideology of
hatred. That's why they're fighting so *vociferously*.
    /-- Dubya tries (in vain
    <http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=vociferous>)
    to insert a big word into his repertoire, First Presidential Debate,
    Coral Gables, Florida, Sep. 30, 2004/

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling,
which is illiterate children.
    /-- Dubya finds a way to combine two concepts in a way previously
    unimagined by anyone, Presidential Debate #2, Winston-Salem, North
    Carolina, Oct. 11, 2000/

Let me make sure the seniors hear me loud and clear. They've had their
chance to get something done.
    /-- Classy statement. Presidential Debate #1, Boston, Massachusetts,
    Oct. 3, 2000/

I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know
him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on
foreign oil.
    /-- You know, because oil from Mexico isn't foreign at all,
    Presidential Debate #1, Boston, Massachusetts, Oct. 3, 2000/

The more people learn about the transaction that has been scrutinized
and approved by *my government*, the more they'll be comforted that our
ports will be secure.
    /-- So it's "his" government now... Washington, D.C., Feb. 23, 2006/

As you can probably see I was injured myself, not here at the hospital
but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won.
    /-- Statement offered in the presence of servicemen and women
    wounded in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan (rather than by brush on
    Dubya's ranch), Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan.
    1, 2006/

September the 11th changed me. I remember the day I was in the -- at
Ground Zero, on September the 4th, 2001. It's a day I will never forget.
    /-- The day... maybe not, but the date is an entirely different
    matter, Lititz, Pennsylvania, Oct. 27, 2004/

I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that
record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin
Towers. It's a day I will never forget.
    /-- And again he has trouble with the space-time continuum, Marlton,
    New Jersey, Oct. 18, 2004/

One of the most amazing events of my life, at least as the presidency,
was to go to the NASCAR Race here at the Daytona 500.
    /-- OK, two things: (1) Dubya is the president, not the presidency,
    and (2) How could going to a NASCAR race be the most amazing event
    of his life or of the last four years? Daytona Beach, Florida, Oct.
    16, 2004/

This deal wouldn't go forward if we were concerned about the security
for the United States of America.
    /-- In reference to the sale of port operations for 6 U.S. ports to
    a U.A.E.-based company. I think Dubya meant to say the deal wouldn't
    have gone forward if there was any cause for concern regarding the
    security of the U.S., or at least I hope so. Washington, D.C., Feb.
    23, 2006/

Do you realize we've got a crisis when it comes to OB/GYNs in America?
These good docs who have got the great compassionate job of taking care
of young'uns, they're getting run out of business because of frivolous
and junk lawsuits. It makes no sense.
    /-- That's right: young'uns. Sterling, Virginia, Jan. 19, 2006/

Do you have blacks, too?
    /-- Question posed to Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso,
    with no hint of sarcasm or jest (reported in Der Spiegel
    <http://www.dubyaspeak.com/incidents4.phtml#blacks> May, 19, 2002),
    Washington, D.C., May 19, 2002/

You know, I like, uhh, my buddies from West Texas. I liked 'em when I
was young, I liked 'em when I was middle age, I liked 'em before I was
President, and I like 'em during President and I like 'em after
President. And it's fun to have 'em come to the White House.
    -- Dubya shoots for downhome charm and instead enters a vortex of
bizarre phrasing, Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, Tennessee, Feb. 1, 2006

All of us here in America should believe, and I think we do, that we
should be, as I mentioned, a nation of owners. Owning something is
freedom, as far as I'm concerned. It's part of a free society... It's a
part of -- it's of being a -- it's a part of -- an important part of
America.
    /-- Washington, D.C., Oct. 15, 2002/

I don't have to accept their tenants. I was trying to convince those
college students to accept my tenants. And I reject any labeling me
because I happened to go to the university.
    /-- Today, NBC, Feb. 23, 2000/

Will the highways on the Internet become more few?
    /-- Concord, New Hampshire, Jan. 29, 2000/

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who
they were," he said. "It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was.
Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.
    /-- Iowa Western Community College, Jan. 21, 2000/

REPORTER 1: You're not going to Athens this week, are you?
DUBYA: Athens, Texas?
REPORTER 1: Ol -- the Olympics, in Greece.
DUBYA: Oh, the Olympics? No, I'm not.
REPORTER 2: Have you been watching them?
DUBYA: Oh, yeah, yeah, it's been exciting.
REPORTER 2: Any particular moment stand out?
DUBYA: Umm -- particular moment? I like the -- let's see -- uhhhm --
Iraqi soccer. I liked -- I liked seein' the Afghan woman carryin' the
flag comin' in. I loved, uhh -- you know, our gymnasts. I've been
watching the swimming. I like th' -- I've seen a lot, yeah. Listen,
thank you all.
    /-- Wow... Crawford, Texas, Aug. 23, 2004/

Far be it from the American President to get to decide who leads what
country... I made up my mind that Saddam needs to go.
    /-- Statements separated by only a few minutes in interview with
    ITN, Crawford, Texas, Apr. 5, 2002/

The White House is in Washington, D.C., it's up East.
    /-- Explaining that East is "Up" to students at Crawford Elementary
    School, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 23, 2001/
My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the - in the
Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the
different parties involved that peace will never happen.
    /-- Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001/

Home is important. It's important to have a home.
    /-- Crawford, Texas, Feb. 18, 2001/

There is a very good chance that Dick Cheney and I will be President and
Vice President.
    /-- A repeat performance of the Nov. 30 quote above, Crawford,
    Texas, Nov. 11, 2000/

want more?!
http://www.dubyaspeak.com/