[kj] Kerrang!/Hosannas/KJ2003

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:20:23 EST 2006

Totally agree with everything in your previous message, but have to take
issue with this.

Democracy really suffers because of piss poor production. Lanterns and
Another Bloody Election are easily two of the worst songs they've ever done
and Prozac People isn't much better. The title track/single isn't very
special either. Given all that it's a hard one to appreciate, but Aeon is
one of the best KJ songs ever. If only they'd play it live or we could hear
a properly produced version. Savage Freedom rocks. Absent Friends is an
awesome, passionate song struggling to make it through the murk and
distortion. Pilgrimage is massive. And I'd defend Medicine Wheel  and
Intellect too.

Jaz and Geordie were hugely pissed off with Youth over the production. The
remaster sparkles it up just a little, but I hope they see fit one day to
give it a complete overhaul of the kind I keep hearing Firedances is going
to get.

gb